Thin Veneer Adhesion Mortar-XP500
SUPERIOR WORKABILITY & ADHESION.
SPEC MIX® Thin Veneer Adhesion Mortar XP500 is a premium preblended polymer modified thin set mortar specifically designed to bond masonry thin veneer units including manufactured and gauged or ungauged natural thin stone and thin brick to substrates for interior and exterior installations. Its innovative, anti-sag formulation and optimized sand gradation provide superior workability, adhesion and durability crucial to the application.
SPEC MIX XP500 is engineered specifically to adhere thin cut natural and manufactured masonry veneer units utilizing performance additives to increase sag resistance to speed installation and increase bond strength to reduce callbacks. SPEC MIX XP500 exceeds ANSI A118.4 and ANSI A118.15 applicable requirements as well as TMS 402/602 Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures shear strength requirements when tested in accordance with ASTM C 482
- Engineered to adhere thin cut natural and manufactured masonry veneer units
- Performance additives increase sag resistance to speed installation
- Increased bond strength reduces callbacks
- Exceeds ANSI A118.4 and ANSI A118.15 applicable requirements
- Exceeds TMS 402/602 shear strength requirements when tested in accordance with ASTM C 482
- When mixed with clean water, SPEC MIX Thin Veneer Adhesion Mortar XP500 can be used with the following:
- Interior and exterior thin veneer installations
- Hardened scratch coats
- Concrete (properly prepared and free of curing compounds)
- Concrete masonry units
- Cement backer boards
- Gypsum wallboard with or without primer (consult with primer manufacturer for suitability) (interior installation only)